Baggage allowance information for passengers travelling between Dili and Singapore
It is always easiest to travel light, but in some occasions this may not be possible. Please ensure that all your checked baggage is within the baggage allowance, is labelled with identification tags and that your travel documents, medication and valuables are in your carry-on baggage. Please remove old/previous destination tags and labels.
Following are information on the baggage allowances on Air Timor:
Premium Economy Class:
- Adults : 40 kg / person
- Child : 40 kg / person
- Infant : 10 kg / infant not occupying a seat
Economy Class :
- Adult : 30 kg / person
- Child : 30 kg / person
- Infant : 10 kg / infant not occupying a seat
Special interest Travelers (Golf, Divers and Fishing) may receive an additional allowance of 10 kg per person. This is subject to request prior to travel date, please contact Dili Operations Manager or your Travel Planner for confirmation.
You may carry on board the articles listed below free of charge over and above your baggage allowance:
- A lady’s handbag, pocket book or purse, which is appropriate to normal travelling dress and is not being used as a container for the transportation of articles, which would otherwise be regarded as baggage
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A laptop or note book computer
- A small camera
- A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
- Infants food for consumption in flight and infant’s carry basket
- A fully collapsible wheelchair and/or a pair of crutches and/or other prosthetic devices for the passenger’s use provided the passenger is dependent upon them
- Infant’s carrying baskets and wheelchairs may be used until boarding the aircraft, then will be stowed in the aircraft hold
- Infant’s stroller provided the infant is on board the aircraft
All other articles including overnight bags, briefcases, laptops, ladies’ vanity cases, large size cameras etc, taken into the cabin as hand luggage are subject to following conditions :
- Quantity : 1 piece
- Dimensions : length + breadth + width (including protrusions) must not exceed 115 cm (45 inches) in total subject to stowability
- Weight : up to 7kg
- Business Class passengers may be allowed two items, subject to local country specific requirements, specific aircraft cabin space and stowage ability
LIQUID, AEROSOLS AND GELS – LAGS
The Singapore Government has now implemented restrictions on the carriage of liquids, aerosols and gels in compliance with new guidelines set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). These restrictions apply to international flights into and out of Singapore. Some common examples of liquids, aerosols and gels include:
- All liquid including beverages, soups and syrups
- Gels, including hair and shower gels
- Pastes, including toothpaste
- Creams, lotions and oils
- Contents of aerosol cans including sprays, shaving foam, deodorants
- Liquid-solid mixtures
- Any other items of similar consistency
Restrictions are as follows:
- Liquids, aerosols and gels will be only allowed in cabin baggage if they are kept in plastic transparent/clear zipped-locked bags with volumes of not more than 100 ml each
- The contents of the transparent/clear zipped-locked bags must not exceed 1 litre
- Each person is allowed to carry only one such plastic bag
- The transparent/clear zipped-locked bags must be removed from cabin baggage and presented to security personnel for visual examination
Medications and special dietary requirements, including baby formula :
- Are permitted in cabin baggage
- Must be removed from cabin baggage and declared to security personnel at the check point. These items may be subject to security check
- Passengers with prescription medicine are advised to bring along supporting documentation (e.g. ID cards, letters from doctors) as verification
- Liquid, aerosols and gels purchased from duty-free shops at Changi Airport, located after the security screening points will be allowed on board
- However, these items must be packed in a transparent, sealed plastic bag. Receipts of the purchased duty free items must be attached or enclosed in the bag
- Passengers going to Australia are advised to check with duty-free personnel before making their purchases.
BAGGAGE WEIGHT LIMITATION
Please ensure that your checked baggage does not exceed 32 kg per piece as this is in accordance with the local occupational safety rules. Passengers are required to re-pack their baggage if the baggage weight exceeds this limitation. This is in accordance to the occupational Health Safety Act and is not related to baggage allowance and excess baggage charges.
Should you have packaged fresh fruits and or vegetables as check in baggage, please ensure it is safely packed in a white styrofoam box, sealed with masking tape and properly marked. Goods packed with dry ice are subject to Dangerous Goods Regulations requirements checks. Please be advised that durian is not permitted on Air Timor.
Excess Baggage Dili to Singapore or return : US$ 10 or SGD 15 / kilo
Settlement of excess baggage in Singapore must be paid in cash or Credit Card.
Settlement of excess baggage in Denpasar must be paid in cash and in the local Indonesian Rupiah. No Credit Card facilities are available at this counter
Rates may change without prior notice and will be advised at time of check in at each destination.
In the event of lost baggage, the passenger is required to immediately inform Air Timor airport representatives, complete a Lost baggage Form containing specific details of the lost baggage, baggage tag numbers and passenger contact details. Air Timor will commence a baggage trace with its partners to relocate the lost baggage. The passenger will be informed once the baggage has been located and how the baggage will arrive at the port.
Air Timor will NOT accept responsibility for the following:
Lost/Damage to baggage due to or arising from:
- Wear and Tear – this includes cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents and marks that may occur during the course of handling
- Over packing and from packing in dangerous or unsuitable containers
- Baggage accepted under the conditions of the “Limited Release” Tag including items retrieved or confiscated by the airport authorities or security personnel
- Fragile and perishable items (checked baggage)
- Valuable items including money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, antiques, heirlooms, securities, laptops and other electronic items, business documents, passports and other identification documents, product samples or medicines